Code of conduct
Westland Mall, including the parking area, is private property. To ensure a safe and pleasant shopping experience for our guests, the following are not permitted:
- Congregating in groups of four or more or engaging in activity that hinders the flow of shoppers, obstructs entryways / walkways or creates a safety hazard, including the misuse or abuse of mall property.
- Offensive or disruptive behavior likely to provoke a disturbance or infringe on the rights or peace of other patrons in the Center, including: gestures; obscenities; slurs based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or ethnicity; sexually explicit language/conduct; excessive noise or music.
- Failure to cooperate with mall staff or participation in unsafe activities such as horseplay, use of physical force, fighting, running, skateboarding, skating, or riding cycles, scooters, hoverboards or Segways in the pedestrian areas.
- Open alcoholic beverages except in designated areas.
- Smoking or vaping Designated areas are available outside.
- Photographing or videotaping on Center property in an intimidating or threatening manner, or in a manner that compromises the safety or security of any individual or entity at the Center.
- Failing to be fully clothed including the absence of shirt and/or shoes, or wearing apparel that obscures, disguises, or conceals the face, unless worn for medical or religious reasons.
- Apparel or other items that may provoke or incite violence or create a disturbance. Unauthorized commercial activity or solicitation.
- Unauthorized commercial activity or solicitation.
- Free speech activity not authorized in advance by Mall Management.
- Animals with the exception of trained service animals or service animals in training.
- Violating any federal, state, or local law or ordinance.
- Firearms(including replicas) or any object that can be used as a weapon.
The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list; Mall Management has the right to determine that additional conduct is prohibited, and may implement a Parental Escort Policy at its sole discretion.