Your favorite pair of leggings is always there for you. When you want to lounge around and do nothing, have errands to run, or are headed to lunch with friends, you know you can count on leggings to provide comfort, define your shape nicely, and open up your outfit options. When your legging outfits start feeling a bit stale, though, try one of these trendy ideas to change things up.
- Class it up with a sweater and boots: Leggings aren’t just for athleisure. For a stylish, sophisticated way to wear leggings, add a cozy cashmere v-neck sweater and your best pair of ankle, knee-high, or thigh-high boots. Play around with the heel height to see how that changes your look.
- Formal athleisure: Can athleisure really be formal? We think so! After donning your typical hoodie, baseball cap, and tennis shoes, finish with an oversized blazer. This one unexpected piece upgrades your athleisure and takes it from gym-rat to woman-on-the-town in seconds. A stylish purse and nice pair of earrings are the perfect finishing touches.
- Throw on a big, comfy, oversized sweater: Do you have a sweater that’s long enough to pass for a mini dress and so cozy that you could spend all day wrapped up in it? Then it’s the right choice for wearing over leggings. If your sweater is a solid color, add a little excitement to your look with a pair of leopard print flats or a bold purse. If it already has a pattern, keep your accessories simple.
- Pair it with a long sleeve shirt and a vest: Leggings and vests make fast friends, and they’re both easy to dress up or down. For a casual look, pick a striped long sleeve shirt and add a shearling or puffer vest over the top. For a classier getup, stick to all black for your leggings and shirt, then add a vest in a light color like white or pink.
- Make it ski-worthy: We’ll never stop being in love with apres ski style, even if we have no plans to hit the slopes. If you’re more the type to stick to the lodge with a cup of cocoa in front of the fireplace, at least do it fashionably: cozy leggings, snow boots, a knit beanie, a great preppy ski sweater, and a scarf are the essentials.
Who needs jeans when you have leggings? Get plenty of use out of your favorite pair by trying these trends, and soon you’ll forget you ever wore anything else!